Is this where I’m supposed to share an array of formal details about my expertise? Well, that’s not my style so allow me, dear readers, to instead provide a less traditional bio…
- To begin, I own an antique Royal Quiet De Luxe typewriter (built sometime between 1939 and 1943).
- My favorite word is huzzah but it holds only a narrow lead over betwixt.
- I love a good Christopher Walken meme.
- My favorite professor in college was Nikki Giovanni and it was her Introduction to Creative Writing course that sat and simmered in my mind, inspiring me to become a poet.
- I volunteer as a writer and editor for Ox Hill Baptist Church, because some missions go beyond the value of a dollar.
- I typically read two books together, one fiction and the other nonfiction. My fiction read is The End of Mr. Y, by Scarlett Thomas; it’s a thrilling story about a mysterious disappearance and an even more mysterious book. My nonfiction read is Do I Make Myself Clear?: Why Writing Well Matters, by Harold Evans, and its prose fully supports the passion behind its title.
But since I know you’re curious…I have 15 years of experience in writing and content development. In addition, I will be the Head Wordsmith and Content Engineer for a design studio that will launch during Fall 2017. Please visit my LinkedIn page to learn more about my expertise with all things writing or connect with me on Instagram or Twitter.